Play With My Box

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Game Dump: Aegis Wing, Soltrio Solitaire... And Oh, That Halo 3 Thing

It's a busy Wednesday and I'm already behind. We have another double-bill feature on XBLA this week in the form of the FREE side-scroller, Aegis Wing and the 800 pointer, Soltrio Solitaire. I had a chance to try Aegis Wing in the wee hours of the morning. Hey, not bad for a free game. Pssshhhhh... Actually, it's pretty good and hard to knock with such a generous price point. I'll post more impressions as the day unfolds.

I haven't taken the Soltrio Solitaire trial for a whirl yet, but it has me fairly unexcited. Cards don't turn me on.

As for the magical Halo 3 Beta, well... that's started up today. Trouble is brewing, however, as I popped in my Crackdown disc this morning only to find the Halo 3 download option still unavailable. All the necessary parties are already aware of the situation and a fix is in the works.

Call me crazy, but this too has me fairly unexcited. I will recognize the Halo franchise as the behemoth that it is for the Xbox, but as a former PC gamer, it really is just another run n' gun shooter to me. The lackluster PC port of Halo 1 didn't exactly set my world on fire either, so I suppose my biases are negatively coloured. I still want to try out the beta and get a taste of what all the fuss if about.

It's going to be a busy day of gaming. Oh Xbox, why do you rape my time so?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 11:29 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. So much to play so little time. I guess if the Halo 3 Beta is not out by the time I get home I will have time for the XBLA games.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home