Play With My Box

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Kane and Lynch Gamespot Impressions

kane_lynch
Kane and Lynch: Dead Men has been grabbing some buzz these last few months, with the most recent news blip being that it would see a release on the faltering PS3 alongside the X360 and PC versions.

Gamespot recently posted an updated preview of the Io Interactive-developed game. This is perfect for me, as I was confused about what kind of action game Kane and Lynch was striving to be. My only previous experience with Io's work were the Hitman series, so I was expecting a stealth-heavy style of game play.

Well, you watch that video on Gamespot and you clearly see stealth is not really a factor, at all. In fact, the game reminds me a lot of Gears of War, with a bit of that action-movie flavour that you might find in the upcoming John Woo's Stranglehold. The small squad dynamics, 3rd-person view, over-the-shoulder aiming and hailstorms of gunfire scream GoW but the gritty, modern-day storyline makes this even more appealing. Throw in some predictably gorgeous graphics and co-op play modes, and you have a promising game that is likely flying under a lot of radars in this season of spring updates and Halo betas.

I also like the trailer.

Source: Gamespot

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 10:03 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm definitely keeping an eye on this one. It looks pretty good, but I have to have the time to play it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home