Play With My Box

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

You Are My Johnny Arcade

All hail Stivi Paskoski! In case you missed it over the weekend, Destructoid posted up a retrospective of Video Power and celebrated skewered the unadulterated cheesyness of late '80s television. They've linked to not one, not two, but THREE episodes of this embarrassing chapter in games TV.

I remember being so excited to catch this show after school. It had a spotty airing schedule, so it wasn't like I caught it every day, Monday to Friday. When I did catch it, I was rooted to the spot. Sure, the show was pure fluff, complete with a shameful in-house band, brain-dead gaming "tips" and far too much pastel-coloured appareil.

But that was then, this is now. Look how far we've come. Instead of Johnny Arcade and his acid-wash, we have G4 and Olivia Munn. And let's not forget the bazillion podcasts, blogs, websites and magazines dedicated to gaming that you could never hope to consumer in a lifetime. Don't we live in a wonderful time right now?

Source: Destructoid

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home