Play With My Box

Sunday, April 22, 2007

The Simpsons Does Warcraft: Semi-Relevant

So I'm feasting on my delicious szechuan chicken with dry spinach tonight and up comes The Simpsons on the trusty idiot box. I've always loved this show but my viewing has dropped off a lot in the last several years. The writing doesn't snap like it used to during the "golden era" of the series and the frenetic pacing has long disappeared.

Occasionally a timely topic will crop up in an episode that keeps the show somewhat relevant. It didn't happen tonight. Tonight's show started off with Marge finally joining the digital age by getting herself an e-mail account. This quickly spirals off into Marge's computer addiction and her discovery of a WoW-like MMORPG. Yes, well sorry to say, but didn't South Park do this several months ago and do it much better?

The accompanying plot line involving Lisa joining a soccer team was much funnier and made me wish they put more attention on that instead.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 11:21 a.m., Blogger Taylor M said...

Yeah, I find myself watching The Simpsons in hopes of it being funny again, but it rarely delivers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home