Play With My Box

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Hooked Worms HD, Midnight Release

It's storytime here at PMB...

As is apt to happen, Crackdown kept me up last night much later than I had intended. That's what happens when you've turned "Crime On" and get swept up in orb-hunting, foot races and Rampage sub-achievements.

Later on, some commotion outside drew me to my living room window. I was greeted with a view of an entire fire department brigade parked below my window and billowing black smoke from down the street. The firefighters must have been there for at least half an hour and it took me that long to clue in, such was the extent of my gaming hypnosis.

I watched the scene unfold for a several minutes, then went back to my Crack. Another twenty minutes passed and I checked my window again. Large flames were clearly visible now, licking away at the rooftops of two local businesses. Surprisingly, the firefighters still had not activated the water hose and I wondered what the heck they were waiting for. I later found out they were busy evacuating the tenants from some of the suites in the neighboring apartment complex.

Bored with watching the growing inferno, I wrapped up my Crack session and was about to power off the Box when I remembered to check for the Worms HD download. Bingo, there it was waiting for me in the Marketplace. A quick download and boom, I was ready to play. I sat there at the opening menu and thought, what the hell, I think I'll like this game anyway, so I topped up on my MS points and unlocked the full game before even starting up the Tutorial. This sort of impulse buying is soooo not in my character. What can I say, I was in a strange mood last night.

I'll be back with a fully developed review of Worms once I've spent more time with it. I already breezed through the tutorial, whoring up an easy Achievement. The game looks fantastic with its colourful, crisp graphics and whimsical style. The controls feel very smooth and intuitive as well, so I'm fiending to get more playtime with it...maybe tonight if I'm not too tired after my late movie screening but more likely tomorrow or Friday.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home