Play With My Box

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Xbox Live Arcade is on a Roll

With last week's release of Alien Hominid, today's announcement of the TMNT coin-op classic, and tomorrow's release of the much-delayed Worms, it looks like XBLA is back on course and satisfying the masses once again.

I will be checking the Marketplace later tonight to see if I can get an early jump on my Worms download. I tried out the Alien Hominid demo over the weekend and came away unimpressed. While the artwork and sense of humour is fantastic, I couldn't help but feel like it was a shoddy, home-brew imitation of Metal Slug. Which is strange, because I thought I was yearning for retro side-scrolling shooter gameplay. The challenge is high and the action intense, but the addictive draw is just not there. I can see where the draw is for other people. It's just not for me. Guess that's 800 points well saved...

The TMNT announcement wasn't a surprise but was welcome nonetheless. The fact that it is to be 400 MS points makes the news all the sweeter.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 12:16 p.m., Blogger Taylor M said...

I actually bought Alien Hominid for the second time on the 360. I'm not really sure why. I guess I'm a big sucker for achievement points and leaderboards. I quite like the game, and it's a beast even on Easy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home