Play With My Box

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

What It Is: An Introduction

It's been two short weeks since the birth of the blog. Introductions are a foregone conclusion at this point, but I've never been one to avoid talking about myself. No, I welcome it.

In a nutshell, Play With My Box exists because I love gaming and I am very fond of my new Xbox 360. There was a time, only a few weeks prior, when I was so engrossed with my co-op sessions with Gears of War and Rainbow Six: Vegas, I could have easily written pages of extremely dry reportage on... well, my own game playing. And lo, for my first few entries that is exactly what I did. For that first week of this blog's existence, I sincerely believed that I could sustain it purely by writing about the games I was playing.

If there's one truth to this crazy world, it's this: Playing Rainbow Six Terrorist Hunt beats reading about someone else playing Terrorist Hunt ANY DAY.

What a difference a couple weeks makes. Now that my love affair with the aforementioned games has subsided and they've lost their addictive pull, I have a much more realistic perspective on PWMB. Get real, nobody wants to read about my game marathons. Granted, it's questionable anyone would feel compelled to read anything I have to say about Xbox 360 or the gaming industry. There's a lot of good stuff already out there. Every gamer with a passing familiarity with English and access to a spell check has already flocked to the net to his/her views on the world of gaming. A few of them have done a damn fine job of it so far. You need only look to such blogosphere standbys like Kotaku, Destructoid, Joystiq and more specifically, Xbox 360 Fanboy to realize that yes, the electronic gaming is a topic very well-served by the blogging community.

So where does Play With My Box fit in? Glad you asked, because I'm still figuring that out. This blog is very much a one-man show, with the occasional contributions from Heero yuy sr whenever he can drag himself away from his own gaming and womanizing. You won't find dozens of headline-catching updates here. Nor will you find a review of a hot new release the same day it hits retail. There are bigger and better equipped sites to handle that herculean task. No, what you will find here is one man's insight into gaming -- specifically, Xbox 360 gaming. This is a fan site, pure and simple. If I only manage to spread my enthusiasm about this great console and entertain a few readers while in the process, then I will have accomplished my mission ten fold.

Hope you all stick around to enjoy the ride.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home