Play With My Box

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Crackdown Delayed

It's arguable whether I would even be able to pry myself away from Rainbow Six: Vegas to play any new games right now. I would make an exception, however, for the upcoming Microsoft-published sandbox epic, Crackdown. Heck, I'd drop everything right now if it meant spending 10 minutes with the demo, which was to be released tomorrow.

Sadly, Microsoft announced that it was still in the process of certifying the Crackdown demo, which would delay its release by a couple weeks. In any other circumstance, I would probably be feeling quite disappointed. Thankfully, I've been knee-deep in my R6 addiction since buying it last Friday so I now I don't need to feel torn between hunting down terrorists Calypso or leaping from rooftop to rooftop in a gigantic, future city whilst hurling criminal scum off said rooftops. I'll be conflict free, at least until the end of the month.

I've been diligently singing the praises of Crackdown to Heero in the hopes of getting him interested and it has definitely paid off. Once the demo drops I can imagine myself taking a short, short break from R6. I rarely get much satisfaction from demos. Nevertheless, the Crackdown demo sounds like it will be fairly beefy, allowing limited co-op functionality and an accelerated version of the final game's skill leveling system.

Come February 20th, all bets are off. I expect to have at least completed the R6 campaign on Normal by then and dipping heavily into PvP matches, but Crackdown WILL become my new main squeeze. I can't wait.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home