Play With My Box

Monday, February 12, 2007

Rainbow Six: Dante's Inferno

You know for a while I thought Co-Op Story on Realistic was going to be a cake walk. That was way back in dust bowl Mexico. For the past week and a half, Heero and I have been flummoxed by the Hell's Gate stage of the Dante mission set. Last night, we finally completed it with the help of 2 extra teammates. A full team is a must for this one: it's a long, grueling mission full of intense, infuriating firefights. Say what you will about the solo game; playing Hell's Gate on co-op has made me appreciate healable, AI-controlled teammates and CHECKPOINTS. Wow, there I said it. I thought it would be a cold day in Hell before I praised checkpoints.

It's been dandy Dante Sunday actually. Prior to shooting through Hell's Gate, I played through a satisfying grind session of Terrorist Hunt in Dante. This is a glorious mission for ranking up if you have a good team. The map is small and it's easy to split up in pairs and cover all the flanking points. We hit a pretty good strike, at one point being one man short and still beating the round in a mere 2:23.

Then the game started crashing. And the sound bugs! I really wish they'd hurry up and patch this game already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home