Play With My Box

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Xbox and Old Spice, Together at Last

So it's official: Microsoft has announced a cross-promotional rewards program in conjunction with Old Spice deodorant available to American Xbox Live gamers.

The details don't bear repeating much since I'm a Canadian resident, so I'll let Joystiq do the talkin'.

Overall, I think it's a smart, logical next step in the evolution of the Live service. Rewards, incentives, contests and prize giveaways have long been staples of building customer loyalty. This kind of promotional chicanery only pulls Live ahead of competing online games services even more. I do, however, mostly agree with commentor #6, AirIntake, who points out the amount of gaming and game-buying required to be eligible for these rewards. The system does favour long-time Live customers as well as seriously hardcore players. Oh, to be in high school and living with my parents again...

Hey Microsoft, if this program does well, how about a North American rewards deal next time around? As addicted as I am to my Box, I'd probably never get close to winning anything. It would still be nice to have the option to make an excuse to go on a game-buying spree...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home