Play With My Box

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Mouth-Watering: The Darkness Video

the-darkness-comic
Game Trailers recently posted a preview video of the upcoming shooter, The Darkness, by Starbreeze Studios.

Look, I was extremely curious about this title since I heard about it at the beginning of the year. Having viewed this latest video, I am anticipating the release of this game with bated breath.

My dark n' twisted thoughts on the video after the jump...


The video does a great job of showing just how far this game has come in the last few months. The graphics have gone through some impressive refinements. The lighting is very immersive and looks to play a large role in the gameplay. Frame rates and animations also look more fluid. And the gunplay. Oh, the gunplay! The protagonist, Jackie Estacado, seems to go through the entire game dual-wielding his firearms. A number of brutally vivid execution moves are available to the player and, more interestingly, each gun hand seems to move semi-independently from the other. I'm not sure how that will impact gameplay. Perhaps it will come in handy when taking aim around corners and firing only the gun that has a clear shot on the target.

Speculation aside, The Darkness just looks very slick right now. There seems to be a decent story driving the single-player campaign, with beautiful cinematics, solid voice acting and a fairly unique take on the standard horror-FPS genre. My only reservation to buying this game is that I would be adding yet another shooter to my already shooter-centric collection. The Darkness, or Forza Motorsports 2, or DiRT?

The good news is picking games for the 360 is only going to get harder as the year progresses! Look for The Darkness to hit stores shelves at the end of June.

Source: Game Trailers

3 Comments:

At 4:20 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

It does look pretty good, but it is not my style. I am looking forward to being evil in Overlord, but generally it is more fun to be the good guy.

 
At 7:05 p.m., Blogger Clinton said...

I'm a huge fan of dark n' gritty, so The Darkness is right up my alley. I just need to make sure to finish playing FEAR. I have a feeling it will fall by the wayside later this month!

Overlord is out this month too? Yike. I tried the demo and I daresay it is also a very purchase-able game.

 
At 7:10 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, Gamefly shows Overlord as coming out 6/28/07. Hopefully I can get my C&C3 fix in before then so I'll have time to play Overlord shortly after it is released.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home