Play With My Box

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Vampire Rain: Disgusts Even Non-Graphic Whores

vampire-rain
A recent IGN cover feature draws the spotlight to a little-known game called Vampire Rain. The game looks to blend stealth aspects as you might find in Splinter Cell with down & dirty vampire combat.

Some more blah after the jump...

Who is Artoon? What have they done before? Why haven't I heard of Vampire Rain until now? I would be more compelled to find out the answers to these questions if the IGN article did not leave such a bad taste in my mouth...and a burning sensation in my eyeballs.

This game looks horrendous.

I will always maintain that I am not a graphics whore. In my defense, you'll often find me blowing the dust off 4-year old PC games, simply because I enjoyed the gameplay and can appreciate less than cutting-edge graphics. Vampire Rain, however, is due out this summer (a demo was just released to the Japanese market) and as such is expected to look like a 2nd generation Xbox 360 game. At the very least, any new game should look like it belongs in the year 2007.

Vampire Rain makes the average PS2 game look "next-gen". All I needed to see was the HUD design in the screenshots. My immediate thoughts were "sloppy and cheap". The rest of the graphics look muddy and washed out. The trailer makes the game look atmospheric enough, but the gameplay videos just killed off any respect I might have had for this game. Please tell me the the videos are just very compressed and the player crosshairs are not made of giant, green jaggies...

I think I speak for most 360 owners when I say that we demand better. Is Microsoft that hard up for third party support that they need to allow this low-res insult to all vampire games into the Xbox catalogue?

Vampire Rain, coming to stores this summer. Watch for it!

Source: IGN

1 Comments:

At 10:02 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. Those screenshots look really bad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home