Play With My Box

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

News Overload

There has been a lot of activity in the Xbox world in the last few days. Juggling between surfing the various gaming sites and doing actual work in the office, I definitely felt a little overwhelmed. This was evident yesterday when I published Part 2 of my PC gaming missive in clear defiance of any of this "timely news" hoo-hah.

My eyes are feeling jacked today and my typing fingers are lazy, so I'll do my best bullet-point summary of our last couple days in Xbox Land. More after the jump.

You may have noticed a few "events" go down from Monday up to today:
  • Yesterday Microsoft finally announces the release of the Xbox 360 Elite SKU on April 29th, 2007, putting to rest skeptical April Fools theories and ensuring comment-choked blogs the world over (except for mine *sniff*). Aside: I'm still not buying it

  • Xbox Live went down for maintenance for quite a long time. Rumours started to fly about wonderous new features to be implemented and an impending Halo 3 beta release. All I know is that I was at work the whole time Live was out and I was able to get my Rainbow Six: Vegas fix the moment I got home.

  • Jetpac Refuelled graces XBLA today. Frankly, I'm still recovering from the triple-whammy of Worms HD, TMNT and Castlevania: SOTN. Now... give me my Double Dragon or give me death! (I think I bastardized a famous quote correctly there...)
This Xbox 360 Elite business is on everyone's lips right now so you can bet I'll be revisiting the topic once I've gotten my wits about me.

Hope you are all having a marvelous hump day. Until next time!

Source: Just every damn gaming blog in the universe...

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 2:36 p.m., Blogger Taylor M said...

I am having a pretty swell day, thanks for asking. About the Elite, it is all new, and shiny, and sleek looking, but the only thing I'm slightly interested in is the 120 Gig hard drive, which I could see myself purchasing sometime down the road, if the price goes down a bit.

I also played the Jetpac demo today and it played pretty nice. Once I have some 360 gaming downtime, I'll be sure to pick up the full game.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home