Play With My Box

Monday, May 12, 2008

Blogging About Town

Last week I joined the blogging team at Adult Gaming Enthusiasts, or AGE. I jumped at the chance to start writing for the site, having been a member for the better part of the past year and also having enjoyed the civilized camaraderie of the mostly "mature" community there.

Now that I've essentially divided up my blogging potential, I hope to use this blog to explore game design with more in-depth articles. I realize PMB has been a blog searching desperately for a clear mandate for a very long time now and writing longer posts that are more focused on analysis and discussion makes more sense for me. "Hard facts" and news bites are more the domain of the AGE blog, so we you won't necessarily find me waxing poetic on my love for GTA 4 over there. Maybe on the forums, but the blog will largely be free of editorializing.

I still hesitate to make any promises about the future of this blog, however miniscule. I don't know what it's been lately, but I've had a hard time sitting myself down to write even the laziest piece on a news item or even about my own play time on the Xbox. The days do seem shorter than ever and I have no doubt my job as an IT administrator has played a role in causing me to shy away from the monitor and keyboard when it's not entirely necessary for me to be there.

I also feel like I want to write about something else. Games blogging has been a convenient platform for me to practice my writing as well as go on at length about my favourite pastime. I could be reaching that saturation point, however, where my life just seems too occupied by games in that I play games during my spare time, listen to a half dozen video game blogs, read gaming sites and forums and then find enough time to blog about the games industry... it can get a bit much. Or rather, I want to keep up with my blogging but when it comes down to actually writing something right there in the moment, I suddenly find my will has been sapped by some invisible force.

I'm still not ready to concede defeat yet so stay tuned for some new material on th blog. I promise! I think...

1 Comments:

At 4:17 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find myself blogging less because I have less free time and I end up playing instead of blogging. Once again I need more hours in the day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home