Play With My Box

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Mass Effect: 1, Cooper Lawrence: 0

Just an addendum to my earlier rant about gaming's treatment by the mainstream media...

It was a quiet shift for me last night. There was hardly a peep for technical support, which lead me off on a web surfing tangent. I suddenly felt the urge to read the vengeful user reviews posted on Amazon.com for Cooper Lawrence's new book, The Cult of Perfection: Making Peace with Your Inner Overachiever.

So I typed in "Cooper Lawrence" into Amazon's search and what greeted my eyes? Yes, Ms. Lawrence's book appeared at the top of the search results page, accompanied by the 1-star average rating. Just below her book, however, was none other than Mass Effect, sitting pretty with an average 4.5-star rating.

I got a good chuckle out of that. It was a shining moment in an otherwise dull and quiet night shift at the office.

p.s. - The user reviews are very entertaining. Not quite as fun as playng Mass Effect, but a satisfying waste of 15 minutes all the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home